BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Any day now!

Well, Addison should be here any day now. I went ahead and took leave from work as I'm having contractions at 10 minutes apart and my doctor didn't think I should be driving. I've been resting a lot or as much as I can anyway. Last Thursday I started having contractions at work and they continued to get closer into Friday so I finally called the doctor's office and they said to get up to the hospital. I ended up at the clinic because labor and delivery was full so they checked me there and had me on the monitor. Basically my contractions weren't consistant enough and I was only dilated to 1 so they sent me home. Mom went ahead and came up as we feared if I did have it she wouldn't make it through the snow storm. We did end up getting nearly a foot of snow so it was a good thing she made it here. It was nice to spend that time together even though Addison decided it wasn't quite time to join us.

Monday I had my regular appointment so mom went with me and they said I'm dilated to 3 so when my contractions get closer to 5 to come back up. Now I'm just waiting at home. I knew people were probably wondering what's going on so I thought I'd better update everyone.

3 comments:

Dave Ja Vu said...

Thanks for the update! We might get to see you when we come back from Des Moines. We'll see what Addison decides, huh?!

Peyton and Sawyers Place said...

Thanks for updating us... we have been wondering what the status of Addison's arrival was going to be. Such a waiting game huh? We're totally pumped! Take it easy... as much as you can I mean. LOL!

Blackmans said...

I'm sorry you're having to endure days of contractions. Hang in there! It's all worth it in the end! I've been thinking about you!