I wanted to let everyone know about a project I'm working on with a group of young people. Each year we do about 6 service projects and currently we've focused on "Operation Christmas Child" and are seeking donations.
Operation Christmas Child brings joy and hope to children in desperate situations around the world through gift-filled shoe boxes. Since 1993, more than 61 million shoe boxes have been packed, shipped, and delivered across the globe. People of all ages can be involved in this simple, hands-on missions project. National Collection Week is November 17-24.
Check out http://www.samaritanspurse.org/ to find out more and the items you can contribute. I will be home this weekend so if anyone's is interested in donating even if it's just a dollar or package of pencils. It all goes toward shoebox gifts for kids. We will be assembling and donating the packages National Collection Week. If you wish to assemble your own and donate in your area we encourage you to do so. I believe there is a drop off site in McCook as well. Thanks for your help and support!
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment