BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Patting my own back

I just received some exciting news...I have been appointed by the Governor to be a member of the Nebraska Coalition for Juvenile Justice!

The Coalition makes recommendations to the Crime Commission on juvenile justice issues, oversees Nebraska's compliance with the JJDP Act and prepares annual reports on those activities for the Governor and Legislature. The Coalition also reviews and makes recommendations to the Crime Commission on the award of the federal JJDP Act subgrants, federal Juvenile Accountability Incentive Block Grant Program subgrants, State Juvenile Services Act grants and State Juvenile Services Planning grants.

It was an honor to even be considered for appointment. I'm so excited to be a part of such a great group, committed to juvenile justice issues in Nebraska.

3 comments:

THE OLESON DAILY TIMES said...

WAY TO GO VANESSA!!! You should be very proud of youself.

Dave Ja Vu said...

That's awesome. And Breeze-worthy I believe... I'll e-mail ya!

Tami Vrbas said...

That is so fabulous!!! And you should be very proud of yourself - that is a fantastic honor....Way to go. We are proud to know ya! Love, Aunt Tami