BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 8, 2010

February

Reward: In January we started potty training. I had a long weekend and Addison came to me with big girl panties I had bought her for Christmas so I figured it was time. We have had the potty chair in the bathroom for months now and she was familiar with sitting on it but not going. We went through a lot of wet underwear that weekend but by Sunday she was doing really well so I let her wear a pull-up while she was at daycare and big girl panties when she got home for the next week or two and daycare said she wasn't having any accidents so we got rid of pull-ups. Luckily Addison never saw pull-ups as a diaper, she always called them panties so she never went in them. I was fearful to even try the pull-up thing but for the short amount of time we use them she is fine and continues to go to the "big potty" as she calls it. Although we started out well going #2 in the potty soon changed when we went back to daycare but finally over Valentine's weekend, while we weren't even at home, she started again so she's done well ever since. We told her she could get a tricycle, since she saw Dora had one. We figured the reward was well deserved. She's done a good job. Now if I could just get her to not use it as an excuse to not do things like not go to bed, sit at the dinner table, stay in time out and it works cause I can't tell if she really has to go or not! This is improving though.

For Valentine's Day we decided to get away and stay an evening in Kansas City. We took Addison to the T-Rex cafe, which she loved and of course a hotel with swimming pool. She asked all week if it was "pool day mommy?" She's certainly not afraid of water. The next weekend we went to grandma's house and she was treated to lots of goodies. She's very into Tinkerbell so she loves the Tinkerbell purse. Everyone from Snow White to Cinderella, they are all Tinkerbell or "binkabell" she says.

0 comments: