BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

2:00 a.m. Scare

So we had a little scare early Sunday morning...For about an hour I was having horrible back and stomach pain. The stomach pain was only on my left side so I was pretty sure I wasn't having contractions but the pain was unbelievable. It got less and less and by 3:00 a.m. I was able to sleep a little. The next day at 3:00 that afternoon that horrible pain was back so we called the doctor who believes I may have just pulled a ligament or something but to rest as much as I can, take Tylenol and keep a heat pack on. I went to work a little yesterday but the back pain makes it hard to sit at a computer for very long so I didn't last but a few hours. This morning at about 2:30 a.m. I woke up extremely swollen on my left side. I looked like a monster with one eye swollen shut and my hand so large I couldn't make a fist. Addison wasn't moving much after me being up for an hour so I only got more concerned and finally called the doctor. I'm sure they think I'm a nut. They had me eat something and lay on the opposite side I was swollen on and sure enough she started to move. Needless to say, I have a doctor's appointment on the 3rd and I believe they'll be doing an ultrasound so we'll see what they say then. At this point I would just like some sleep without pain. Tylenol does not do the trick for me.

3 comments:

Blackmans said...

WOW, that is scary!! I'm sure your excited to have an ultra sound done though! Keep us updated on what you find out!

Dave Ja Vu said...

You and Amy could start a support group for pregnancy back pain! It is no fun and I feel for you. And it's always scary in the middle of the night when you think the baby isn't moving. Trust me, no one thinks you're crazy. All those doctors have dealt with plenty of stuff like this before. That's why they make the big bucks after all!

We're getting excited to meet little Addison Sherman!

Peyton and Sawyers Place said...

Well, I'd go in on that support group for pregnancy back pain too! When I was pregnant with Peyton I tore a muscle in my back but I was only like 3 or 4 months along! It was scary & very painful. And I agree with Dave - those doctors have dealt with crazier people. There is nothing too small to go to your doctor about & have checked out. Can't wait to meet little Addison! We're all super excited here!

Hope you start getting some sleep!