BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 5, 2007

Childbirth Classes

Well, Scottie and I went to our first Childbirth Education Class. Much of the stuff I already know from reading so many books which is kinda frustrating seems how we spent $70.00 for the class but hey it's nice having him there to understand some of things I'm going through and the communication excercises give us time to talk about things regarding the baby. We did a little of the breathing techniques and Scottie was forced, as all husbands were, to give me a nice massage while I was in practice labor.
I'm finding out from other women in class that the doctor's don't communicate too well with them either. It's as though we're supposed to know what to expect. The nurse leading our course expressed her frustration with this and Scottie and I also ended up finding out that I would more than likely be induced because of the distance I would have to travel to get to the hospital. Why my doctor couldn't say that I'm not sure so I'm definetely asking her on Tuesday.
Anyhow, we have one more Saturday of class. I'm not certain it was worth the money but you never know till you try it.

1 comments:

Shane and Larissa said...

ooo!!! I can't wait. It seems like just yesterday you and I were dragging Sabrina along the yard running away from a rattle snake! (JK) I am so happy for you and Scotty. Love you Both, Larissa and Shane