Olivia gained just over 1 oz. yesterday! I couldn't believe it! She had only been gaining around 10 grams each day so this has been a tremendous improvement. We have started back on the bottle at least 4 times a day and she has been doing excellent. I'm a little worried that the more we go up on feeds the worse she will get, like before, so I hope they give her time to adjust to each feeding. They did take her off all the IV nutrition today so she is only on formula. Once she is able to take full feeds (2 oz.) and we have her enzyme meds adjusted and she isn't having too many stools we can get home. I'm hopeful this is just around the corner now.
For anyone wanting to visit I thought I should let people know our schedule. Mornings are very hectic, I usually get to the NICU by 7:45 a.m. in time for her breathing treatment and chest physical therapy (CPT) at 8:00 a.m., which lasts about 40 minutes, then diaper change and feeding, 8:30 Surgeons round, 9:30 Pulmonology doctors make their rounds to discuss CF related updates and around 11:00 neonatologists round. I like to meet with all the doctors to get any updates and ask questions. By noon I do CPT again for 40 minutes, diaper change and feeding. 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. same rountine so afternoons are much less hectic. Once Olivia is off her antibiotics and chest x-rays look good (her infection gone) we may go back to just morning and evening CPT as before. On Tuesday afternoons I leave to go home to pick up Addison from daycare and spend the evening with her, taking her to daycare the following morning in time to be back at the hospital for Olivia's 8 a.m. CPT Wednesday. I leave again Friday late afternoon, staying that evening and all day Saturday at home, coming back to the hospital Sunday morning again. This has come to be our new routine and so far it's working while Olivia is in the hospital. The Rainbow House is my second home right now and I'm so grateful to have this place to stay so I don't have to drive back and forth every day.
11 years ago
1 comments:
This is AWESOME news, Ness!! Still praying for little Olivia! Man she's a fighter, isn't she?! Sending hugs...
Love,
Sarah, Joe, Peytie & Sawyer
Post a Comment