BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Can This Really Be Happening!?

We were so close to getting Olivia home. On Wednesday I got the call that Olivia was doing extremely well and they were set to discharge us the following Monday. I was to begin training on how to insert her feeding tube, give her meds, etc. when Thursday night she spiked a fever of 102.4. On Friday blood cultures confirmed she has bacteria in her blood causing her a serious infection. They treated with antibiotics immediately but due to several blood cultures she became very anemic also and yesterday after returning from lunch I found her hooked up to more monitors and was told she would need a blood transfusion. She was becoming pretty weak and they hope the boost from the blood will help her fight the infection better. Today she is doing much better. She is smiling and more alert. The past two days have not been Olivia. I'm glad to have her back. Needless to say I'm not sure where we go from here, how long it will take for the infection to clear, when she will be able to take feedings again. Home is a distant thought once again.

1 comments:

Peyton and Sawyers Place said...

Vanessa... my heart is absolutely breaking for you, Scott and Addi. I pray every day for your family to be home, together. I can't imagine how frustrated you must be and how hopeless it may seem. But I also know that you know things are in God's hands. Please know that we you all are in our constant thoughts and prayers back home. Stay strong!! You are a ROCK! You always have been, and thank GOD for that!! We are wanting to make a trip that way to see you sometime soon. But it may not be until September. I'm really looking forward to meeting Olivia and giving you a MUCH needed hug!! Love you all...

~Sarah