BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What a relief! Finally.

Well, finally we got an answer. I decided not to wait until Wednesday to take Addison in so we went to the doctor yesterday and it turns out she has acid reflux so they put her on Prevacid that she will take 2 times a day to calm the reflux down so she can eat something. She doesn't spit up or ever throw up so I was a little leary thinking this was the solution but the doctor fed her and could tell she has acid reflux by the way Addison coughs every time after eating, like she's trying to clear her throat. I hope this is the solution. The poor girl has endured this for 3 months now so I hope we've got it figured out. They want to keep her on the special formula until the reflux settles down and then we'll switch her back to soy as she doesn't tolerate the regular Enfamil. The doctor did say that babies who don't tolerate formula well tend to have the acid reflux. I just wish we would've know this sooner before all the forumal switches. Anyway, we'll see how the week goes. We started the Prevacid yesterday and she finally slept through the night again so for that I'm thankful. I'm excited to have happy Addison back!

4 comments:

The Hagan Clan said...

thats great!!! hope it keeps working!

Peyton and Sawyers Place said...

That's awesome news! Well, not that she has acid reflux, the poor girl but finding the problem is always good news!

Hope this helps!

Dave Ja Vu said...

Hope that works. Eat up, little Addison!

Anonymous said...

Poooooor lil girl. Gosh' I hope things get better. HEY SIS. Your lil Addison is gorgeous. I can't believe your a momma. Love ya