BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 28, 2010

X-Rays

Well, we're still having trouble and concerned with the number of stools Miss Olivia is having. They've made so many changes in the past couple days I'm not certain how they can rule out what the issue is but we'll see. The change in formula seems to be better as she's taking her feeds better and less irritable but surgeons are concerned because she has much less intestine than a normal child, due to the amount they took out during her surgery, that food is passing too quickly. They ordered more x-rays to make sure bacteria wasn't building up anywhere. Some areas were enlarged as the x-rays showed so they are putting her on an antibiotic to ensure bacteria isn't building where there could potentially be blockages. I just spoke with the doctor and for the amount of treatment and changes she's had to make over the past few days she's doing extremely well. She sure is strong! Everyone certainly agrees with that. At this point we're not certain if the issue is her lack of intestine compared to a normal child, a CF issue or that she has the intolerant formula issue. I hope we find out soon. I believe we're looking at at least another couple weeks in the hospital.

0 comments: